I start Week 4 of Mindful Monday – Healthy Living with the INTENTION to, daily, embrace and follow the eight CREATION principles of living life to the fullest.
The 8 Principles – Week 3
Though still a work-in-progress, I feel good about the Mindful Choices made during the week.
Six of seven nights were restful and met the good sleep hygiene standards of 7-8 hours. One sleepless night led to a pain flare-up the next day; and, I made a Mindful Choice to let go of DOING and spend the entire day BEING. In other words, DOING nothing and BEING still.
I was Mindful of Pacing my activities. Instead of, continuously, walking for 45 minutes on the treadmill, I put the machine on a 1-minute pause every 5-10 minutes to rest. stretch and breathe. I left the fitness center refreshed rather than exhausted.
I went on a MINDFUL 45-minute walk through my neighborhood. From time-to-time, I walked at a slower pace and paused to connect with nature’s beauty:
Exercised the body on six of the seven days for 45-60 minutes, I:
- walked on the treadmill and/or glided on the elliptical machine for three days at the fitness center;
- walked through my neighborhood one day; and
- followed my early-morning exercise routine of leg stretches with the Yoga Belt, home physical therapy exercises, and/or plank poses.
I made the Mindful Choice to heed the advice of my massage therapist who is a practitioner of yoga and pilates. She encouraged me to do plank poses every other day and not daily to give my muscles a day of rest.
Mindfully, I made the Choice to uplift the mind and spirit, daily, with a 20-30 minute meditation practice.
My INTENTION this week was building Self-Trust. I made the Mindful Choice to begin the 21-day Chopra meditation practice, “Become What You Believe.”
“to seek our true nature and discover our path to health and happiness. You will discover your soul’s purpose and create a life in which things are within reach.”
I am hopeful that as I grow in the belief of ME, Self-Trust will follow.
I love going to the car wash with Hubby. It gives me the opportunity to buy my favorite line of greeting cards.
This week, I thought about girlfriends that I have bonded with over the years. I made the Mindful Choice to send cards to three of them:
- DJ, lives in Illinois. Girlfriends since the womb and we stay connected via telephone. I last saw her at my youngest daughter wedding in 1998.
- VB, lives in Milwaukee. Girlfriends since 1996. We come together twice a year when I visit Wisconsin. In turn, she sets aside one day to spend with us during her annual Florida vacation.
- JL lives in Wisconsin. Friends for many years and Girlfriends for the past five. We connect regularly via social media and always get together when I visit Wisconsin.
I re-affirm a positive attitude by reading motivational and inspirational quotes. I share uplifting words via social media. Both serve to improve my OUTLOOK on life.
I made the Mindful Choices to:
Snack on pistachio nuts and kosher dill pickles as opposed to a 220 calorie piece of cake.
Read the nutritional label on this container of coleslaw before putting it on my dinner plate.
Grateful for making the Mindful Choice to change the way I live my life to improve the quality of my life!!!