Whoopee!!! I just received notification that I can take advantage of an instant transport to wherever I want to go. I selected my favorite vacation spot, an island on the East Coast, surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, and accessible only by air or ferry.
While this instant transport is faster, I requested a drop-off at the Ferry. For the ferry ride is the high point of my dream vacation.
Even though it is only a 15-20 minute ride, it’s the Atlantic Ocean.
And, so what if the ferry is old, dingy, and lacks the luxuries of a cruise ship, it’s the Atlantic Ocean and I am cruising.
What’s I like about the ferry ride is:
- looking up at the bright sky filled with fluffy white clouds,
- sitting on the deck with a soft gentle breeze lightly touching my skin,
- viewing the vast blue ocean, and
- communing quietly in the present moment.
So excited, I am going to my paradise, an island overflowing with:
- Happy Vacationers
- Friendly Residents
- Mom and Pop Businesses
- Brightly Painted Victorian Homes
- Quaint Bed and Breakfast Dwellings
- Cobblestone Streets
- Fresh, Fresh Seafood
- Beautiful Beaches
Yes, I am going to a serene and tranquil place reminiscent of the days before the large chain-like:
- Hotels – Sheraton, Best Western, LaQuinta
- Restaurants – McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Pizza Hut
- Box Stores – Sam’s, Home Depot, Ikea
- Drug Stores – Walgreen’s, CVS
- Gas Stations – 7-Eleven, Wawa, BP
- Department Stores – WalMart, Target, Macy’s
- Supermarkets – Winn Dixie, Krogers, Whole Foods
Looking forward to slowing down, being still, and welcoming the peace, happiness and joy of an Island vacation.
This is my representation of A Room with a View – Martha’s Vineyard.