Last week, my “Wishes” for “Week #2” were to:
Smile and Laugh More – During most of my pre-teen and teenage years, I sported a cavity right between my two front teeth. For fear of embarrassment, I would seldom “Smile” or “Laugh.” Finally, when I was about 16-years-old MAMA managed to save enough money to pay for capping both teeth in porcelain. Gold caps were cheaper, then, but this was totally an unacceptable option for “her daughter.”
Old habits are hard to break. But, this past week, I made an effort to “Smile” or “Laugh” when:
– Meeting people face-to-face
– Reading e-mails, Facebook notifications, and blog posts
– Conversing on the telephone with family, friends, telemarketers
Each Day Give Something Good to Others – I made it a point to say a warm and heart-felt “Thank You” to everyone who provided ME with a service – including, but not limited to the:
Cashiers at the grocery store who always asks, “If I found everything I was looking for.” Understandable, since Hubby and I shop for groceries almost every day of the week.
Physical Therapist even though, on this first visit, he took me through a grueling hour of stretching and balancing exercises.
Nail Tech for a relaxing pedicure and lovely manicure as well as showing patience when I fell asleep in the manicure and pedicure chairs. I always go to sleep; and, with a very light touch she lets me know when I need to do something.
Customer Service Representative at PayPal who was so patient in assisting me with accessing my account to pay the invoice for the redesigning of my blog by Amanda at www.livinginanotherlanguage.com
To one of my BFF (Best Friends Forever), a grandmother, struggling with whether it is feasible to pursue her long-time Wish of going back to college, I Give to BFF words of encouragement by sharing the following quotes:
- The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you. (Tom Bradley)
- If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things. (Albert Einstein)
- Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. (Henry David Thoreau)
Express Gratitude Daily – For a short period, I stopped writing down what I was grateful for at the end of the day. This past week, I am back on track and Expressed my Gratitude by writing before I retired for the night in my Gratitude Journal.
Stay in Touch with Extended Family and Friends – Over the years; I have been remiss in staying connected with people who I love and need in my life. I feel proud of my “outreach” efforts this past week. I …
- telephoned and had a long conversation with a former neighbor and friend in Wisconsin.
- reached out, by sending warm messages via greeting cards, to four of my closest friends in Wisconsin.
Rest and Relax – Did I ever. Every morning, I rose at 5:00 a.m., with the exception of two mornings at 7:00 a.m., to sit for an hour on our rear screened-in-lanai. The serenity and tranquility enhanced by listening to the audio book by Sarah Ban Breathnach, “Simple Abundance: Living by Your Own Lights,” with soft sounds of background piano music played by Kelly Yost.
The music put me in such a relaxing state; I didn’t hesitate to place an order for the CD. Sadly, on backorder, and, I can’t wait to receive it.
Weekly Wishes #3 improved the overall quality of my life and I will strive to continue down the path that these Wishes led me to.
As I begin Week #4 my Wishes are to:
- Perform small acts of kindness.
- Exercise in the pool swimming pool.
- Learn as much as I can about my newly purchased digital camera.
- Prepare healthy meal from a recipe.
- Read each day a passage from “Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy,” by Sarah Ban Breathnach.
Today is Better than Yesterday and Tomorrow the Possibilities are Unlimited!!!